Wednesday, February 25, 2009

More Antique Shops

There have been two more casualties in the rapidly vanishing Antique Row part of town, which I wrote about here in December.

Another space is opening on 11th Street where most of the carnage has been focused. I couldn't find the name of this shop, but it's had those wooden chairs for sale outside for as long as I can remember:



And the Panorama Galleries on 4th Avenue and 12th Street is closing. A tipster told me they're moving to Brooklyn. This one was always fun to walk by because they had lots of ever-changing furniture outside, most of it affordable and unfancy, much of it interesting. I got a small shelf unit there once:

1 comment:

JakeGould said...

Interesting. I wonder if this means there will be a revival of furniture stores on Atlantic Avenue? When I moved here in 2000 it was still alive and kicking. Nowadays, not so much.